Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Port Townsend

August 5th

I arrived in Seattle at 10:45pm (2:45am Eastern Standard Time) with just my carry-on backpack. Because I checked in just before my flight was about to board, my bike boxes did not accompany me on the flight. I was told that the boxes would arrive at the airport the next day.
Nala met me at the airport and soon afterwards I was asleep in a bed in west Seattle.

August 6th

I retrieved the bike boxes from JetBlue today and had another chill out day. Nala took me to the fish ladder at the locks and we watched my spiritual cinema circle DVD.

August 7th

The day was overcast and rainy. I assembled my bike, packed the panniers, made enough herb capsules for 2 weeks and I departed around 1pm. I went back to the locks, took photos then followed the bike path above the lock and arrived at 6pm to catch the Bainbridge Island ferry. I picked up some supplies at a supermarket and 76 convenience store. Arrived at Fay-Bainbridge State Park at 9pm.

August 8th

I spent some time this morning drying out the tent after a rainy night. Departed at 11am. arrived in Port Townsend at 8:44pm.

I stayed near Fort Worden State Park last night guerilla camping in some trees.

August 9th

I ate breakfast down by the shore at the RV park. I talked with Patty, a local resident. Then Tom, a guy riding with some over 50's, gave me his Whidbey Island map. Then Jim offered for me to use his outside toilet at the B&B he runs. Some very nice people! I helped an elderly lady connect her sewer hose to her RV. With any luck I'll catch the Whidby Island ferry today and be in Anacortes by tonight.

2 comments:

maryfig said...

Hey, Prashant!

Your plants are alive so far. Jyostna can't find your ayurvedic herbs-they don't seem to be here in the office. The Nityanada punyatithi was very sweet-only thing is Bade Baba brought the hot India weather here with him! Woo, it was hot! Then, we had maha rain but it's clear and cool now. Don't forget to look for shooting stars - tonight and the next two nights are some of the best of the year!

maryfig

Derryl Cocks said...

Hi Mary

Not to worry about the ayurvedic herbs. I brought them with me. I made enough capsules for 2 weeks, carried the herbs with me on the bike (heavy!) and at Port Townsend I sent them in a box to myself at Libby, MT.

I'm glad the plants are well.

Please let Krishna I sent the capsule maker back to him and he should get it in a few days time.

Thanks for the punyatithi news.

Weather has been a mixture of wet and dry. Last night I slept in some trees without the tent fly on. It as nice to wake up and see the towering trees above me!

I hope to be in Newhalem, WA tonight.

I've been monitoring the cell phone voice mail and luckily no messages so far.

Please ask Krishna to put his email address in the operators list under Management on SDS4 SQL Server. Then he'll get the error messages if there are any. I noticed a few messages when I checked my SYDA emails a few days ago.

Bye for now

Love, Prashant